I am really excited to get to meet all of you, and I look forward to working with you each Tuesday morning. Whether you are just learning how the pieces move, or are a seasoned tournament veteran, or somewhere in between, we will find lots of opportunity to improve your skills, learn more about the game, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Each week we will split our time between talking about some aspect of chess and playing real games with each other. The equipment is provided by the school; all you need to bring to the meetings is your switched-on brain and a pencil.
The Woodlawn Chess Club is affiliated with the Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools Scholastic Chess Association, and we will be participating in tournaments sponsored by this group throughout the year. These are entirely optional, but totally fun. The first team tournament is Saturday, October 19th, in Charlotte. I will post more details here shortly.
This blog will be used to share information about upcoming tournaments or other club activities, and post online resources to help improve your playing further.
Please take a moment to register for our mailing list using the form to the right of this post. I would love to get both the students and the parents added to the mailing list, to make it easy to get information out as quickly as possible. If you have questions, comments, or other ideas, please feel free to email me.
See you Tuesday!
Bill
No comments:
Post a Comment